Who we are
Personal Data is any information that identifies you directly or indirectly, such as your name, location, email address, contact number, and other identifiers specific to you. The information we collect may include:
1. Information Provided By Users: We collect data automatically tracked during your navigation on our website, inferred data through usage and log data, and information from other sources such as social media platforms or third-party providers.
3. Information Collected Through Usage and Log Data: We track certain data about your behaviour on our website for internal research on demographics and interests, allowing us to better serve you and conduct customer research.
4. Information We Collect From Third Parties: We may receive information from other sources, such as partner websites, to provide you with our services.
Use of Collected Information
We process personal data only on lawful grounds and use the information collected for the following purposes:
1. Enhancing Our Services: Analysing, administering, enhancing, and personalising our services to provide you with a seamless and tailored user experience.
3. Interactive Features: Enabling you to participate in interactive features offered through our services for your engagement and convenience.
4. Customer Support: Resolving your queries or concerns related to your rights or the services we provide
To improve the responsiveness of our “website” for users, we may use “cookies” to collect information. The only personal information a cookie can retain is information the user supplies. When the user clicks on advertisements, our advertisers may also assign their cookies to the user’s browser (this is something we do not control), that we do not control.
Information collected through usage and log data: We may track certain information about the user based on the user’s behaviour on using our website. We use this data for conducting internal research on our users’ demographics, interests to understand better and serve our users. We may also collect information to track the user’s preferences for research and internal analytics. We may also use the user’s information to evaluate a user’s interest in different genres of content, services, offers. This will help us perform analytics and conduct customer research and analyse traffic patterns.
The above information may be captured by keeping cookies on our websites by our affiliates for the purposes mentioned above.
If the user sends us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about user activities on our services, we may collect and store such information.
We use Web Beacons to track the online usage patterns of users anonymously, without personally identifying the user. This information is used to deliver our web pages to the user upon request.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on Afrebo.com may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Your personal information is treated with utmost confidentiality. We do not share your data with third parties, except as necessary to provide the services you request or with your explicit consent.
Links to Third-Party Websites
We encourage you to contact our support team or data protection officer if you have any grievances or complaints regarding your personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns about your personal information or your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always here to assist you.